Monday, May 6, 2013

Mint and Gem Nails

Hi girls!
I wore these this past weekend at my sister's graduation to try to coordinate with my dress which was also a mint color :)
This time I added in a few little gems to my nails...



















          


           


I wanted to add in a little something more. You by no means have to add in the gems which are completely optional :)

The Tools:
1. Gem wheel (Optional)
 I got it for about $2-$3 USD at my local flea market.

Polishes: (L to R)
2. Sally Hansen Xreme Wear: Mint Sorbet
3. Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top coat
3. Wet n Wild : Hallucinate
                  

The Steps:



1. Paint all of your nails with a clear base coat to protect your natural nail from staining :)

2. Paint all of your nails with 2 thin coats of a mint nail polish.  I used "Mint Sorbet" by Sally Hansen.
3. Next paint your ring and index finger with 2-3 coats of a clear glitter polish. I used "Hallucinate" by Wet n Wild.

Now, you can stop here if you want and the gems are optional. This look is cute too!!!

Optional
4. Dab a little clear polish to the top of your nail where you want the gem to go, and place the gem. Let it sit for a few minutes.

5. Paint all of your nails with 1 coat of a clear top coat to seal in your design :)

DONE! :D

Until next time! 

~Alejandra~

2 comments: