Monday, May 20, 2013

Tropical Tiger Stripe Nails

Hi ladies!

So, I cut my nails real short a few weeks back and have been wanting them to grow back ASAP so I could paint my nails again and do something with them.
 I think they're at a nice length now to where I can start painting them again and thought about doing Tiger Stripes but with a tropical feel...

The Polishes
(L to R)
1. Double Duty Base & Top coat
2. Black Nail Art Striper
3. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Hot Magenta
3. Spoiled: Let's Get Sushi
5. KLEANCOLOR: Neon Yellow

The Steps
 1. Paint all of your nails with your favorite clear base coat to protect your natural nail from staining and for helping the nail polish colors to glide smoothly onto your nail!

2. After the base coat has dried (about 5 minutes), paint your nails with the pink, orange, and yellow as so. I chose these colors because they remind me of like, tropical stuff. Lol
 3. Using your black nail art striper, draw diagonal squiggly lines on your nail. Here I started on the outside of the nail and worked my way in with the striper to try and get the thicker part of the stripe on the outside, and go thinner on the inside.

4. Repeat these stripes on the rest of your nails :)

5. TA-DAH!! you're done! seal in your Tropical Tiger Stripes with a clear top coat to add a beautiful shine :)

Enjoy the rest of your week girls!

~Alejandra

4 comments: