Sunday, February 3, 2013

How to create easy Valentine's Day Nail Art!

Hi!

Here's a 2nd easy Valentine's Day Nail Art design for you to try out! :)





L to R:
-Sally Hansen Double Duty
-Kiss Nail Art Paint Striper
-Maybelline Color Show: Coral Crush 190
-Toothpick
-OPI: The Color to Watch

I first put on a base coat (Sally Hansen Double Duty) to protect my natural nail. Then  painted my thumb and ring finger  with 3 coats of a solid metallic-y purple (OPI). On the rest of the nails (using the same polish) I painted free-hand, a stripe down the sides. I did 3 coats of it on each nail . These stripes do not have to be perfect because later we're going to use our striper down the center of them.

I used the Coral Crush to paint the other side of the nails and did this free-hand simply using the polish's brush.  If the Coral Crush crosses a little over to the purple side, no worries! We will cover it up in the next step.

Cover up! I used the silver striper to draw a line down the center of the other nails. What's great about the stripers is that the brush is thin (like the width of a toothpick) and is greaaat for making stripes.

I wanted to draw a heart on my ring finger and my thumb. I put a blob of the silver color  striper polish onto a piece of paper and dipped my toothpick into that. Using my toothpick, I first drew a "V" shape and this "V" is going to be the bottom of our heart.

Using the same toothpick, I finished the rest of the heart by drawing in the "bumps". Using your toothpick, fill in any sparse areas you may see of the heart. Then I added a dot above the heart using the same silver polish and toothpick.

I did the same "V" shape on my thumb and filled in the rest to draw my heart.  Finish off with a clear top coat to seal in your cute Valentine's Day design and that's it! 

I hope you enjoyed this cute easy Valentine's Day Nail Art design and give it a try.

Have a nice day!



1 comment:

  1. Very cool! My friend was looking and even made a point to say how great the hearts look!

    ReplyDelete