Friday, March 15, 2013

easy St. Patrick's Day Nails

Hi chicas! :)

For Sunday's St. Patrick's Day, make sure to wear something green if you don't wanna get pinched! Remember back in elementary school kids would pinch each other for not wearing green? :) Ha ha...good times.

Show off your St. Patrick's day spirit with these simple St. Patrick's Day Nails, gold shamrock and leperchaun hat buckle included :D 






Below are the polishes I used to create these St. Patrick's Day nails :)
(L to R)
  • Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat
  • KleanColor Neon Green
  • Kiss Nail Art Black Striper
  • any gold polish

 First, paint all of your nails with a base coat to protect your natural nail from staining. Next paint your nails with a green polish; I used KleanColor's Neon Green. I painted my entire ring finger nail but the rest of my nails are painted 3/4 of the way. You can see at the base of my nails where I didn't paint..and I did this on purpose :)






 Using a gold polish, paint a gold line across the top of your nails, except the ring finger. Since I don't use gold polish much as a full on nail color and use gold more as a striper, but didn't want  buy a gold striper, I cut the nail polish brush with scissors to make a thin pointy-ish brush...and you now have your very own striper :) If you can't find the color striper you want at the store, (I know sometimes it's tough for me to find the color I want in striper form), you can use this cutting method with all of your nail polishes if you want a striper.

So now for our ring finger, we're going to make the buckle that goes across the top of a leprechaun's hat. Using your black striper, draw a straight line across your ring finger. I've found that it helps to keep the striper in place at one end of your nail, and rotate your finger so that you get a clean straight line :)


For our shamrock, using your gold striper or a toothpick and gold polish, draw a "V" shape. Start your "V" by drawing 2 diagonal lines beginning from the top and meeting at the center. Make 2 more "V" shapes on each side so that your have 3 total and finish it off with a little stem :)

Add a clear top coat to seal in your design and you're done!

I hope you enjoyed these St. Patrick's Day nails :) and please share your recreations with me! I'd love to see them!

**This is 1 of 2 of my St. Patrick's day nails. 
For more St. Patrick's Day-ness, please check out my other St. Patrick's Day nail design, the Shamrock Nails!!

~Alejandra


No comments:

Post a Comment