Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cherry Blossom Nails

Konichiwa chicas! :)

I was feeling Japanese-y this week and since Japan is known for their  beautiful cherry blossoms AND knowing that the season is not too far away  AND knowing that some of us can't be in Japan to see these pink beauties, I decided to create these fun cherry blossom nails! You know, to join in the season anyways from afar :)

If you like these, be sure to check out my easy Japan Flag Nails!





Below are the nail polishes and tool I used to create these cherry blossom nails :)
(L to R)
  • Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat
  • toothpick :)
  • NYC French White Tip
  • Sinful Colors Forever Pink
  • Kiss Nail Art Striper: Black
  • NYC Pink Promenade Creme


 Paint all of your nails with a base coat to protect your natural nail from staining :) Next paint all of your nails with 2 coats of a dark pink. I used NYC's Pink Promenade Creme :)



 Branches: With your black nail art striper, draw random branches so that each nail looks a little different from the others.



 
 Using your toothpick and a light pink polish (Sinful Colors Pink Forever), make 3 little dots on the branches.  Then using your toothpick and white polish (NYC French White Tip) make 2 or 3 mini dots inside the light pink dots.


 Seal in your design with a clear top coat and to add a shine and you're done! :)

I hope you'll try out these cute and easy cherry blossom nails! If you like these, be sure to check out my easy Japan Flag Nails from my mini MINI Japan nail series :)

~Alejandra~







2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THEM!
    Can't wait to see more of your awesome designs!
    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete