Tuesday, March 5, 2013

French manicure and Easy spring Flower Nails

Hi chicas!!
Do you like white french manicures?? I know I do :) Here's a cute and easy spring flower design to add to your white tips! These flowers are perfect for beginners. Let's get this design started!! :)



Below are the nail polishes and tool that I used to create this design :)


(L to R)
  • glittery white polish (no name)
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Lacey Lilac
  • Sinful Colors: Pink Forever
  • NYC white
  • KleanColor Neon Yellow
  • Sally Hansen Double Duty base & top coat
  • letter opener (we'll be using the pointy tip)


To create the french manicure, use NYC white and paint just the tips of your nails white. You can paint the white going L to R across the nail if that's easiest for you. I painted in small strokes in "down" motion all across the nail and did 2 light coats.





Now for our flowers, using the tip of the letter opener, dip it into KleanColor Neon Yellow and make a small circle of 5 dots. Leave some room on the nails so we can fit at least 2 flowers/nail. Next, using the tip of the letter opener again, connect the 5 dots at the center with some more KleanColor Neon Yellow.




Repeat the same 5-dot step on all of your nails with Lacey Lilac and Forever Pink. Then, using a dark purple and your toothpick (or for me a letter opener), make dots in the center of your flowers. I thought a black center would be a little harsh of a color for this design, so I used a dark purple. Next using a glittery clear polish, paint 1 coat over the white tips to add some sparkle. My camera failed to show the glitter part on my white tips, but it's there :)




Seal in your design with a  clear top coat to add a pretty shine :) and your done!

Let me know how your french manicure and spring nails turned out! 

Until next time chicas :)

~Alejandra~





No comments:

Post a Comment